Arthur J. Caine
Mr. Arthur J. Caine is a retired U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) employee with 37 years of service as a Computer Specialist from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS). He received several Spot and Performance of Service Awards during his tenure at USDA. At the USDA-FNS, Mr. Caine served as the agency’s Computer Security Officer, where he performed risk assessments on mainframe and agency minicomputer systems, conducted computer security reviews, developed FNS security guidance and a handbook, and developed and tested contingency plans for FNS mainframe and mini-computer systems.
Mr. Caine is currently a member of the Tenth Street Baptist Church (TSBC) and has been since the early 1970s. He met the requirements to qualify as a trainer in Evangelism in 1991 thru Evangelism Explosion International. He is the recipient of a diploma in Christian Education from the Division of Christian Education Accreditation and Credentials of the Sunday School Publishing Board of the National Baptist Convention (NBC), USA, Inc. He completed his Dean Internship and Seminar training in 2018 and became an NBC, USA Leadership School Dean ID# 12072D.
He received an appreciation award for his contributions and timeless efforts in developing and advancing the vision and goals of TSBC as Chairman of Deacons 2002-2005. He received the Man of Leadership Award in 2002 and in 2005 the “Mighty Man of Valor” Chairman’s award. He also was the recipient of the 2008 Men’s Day Calling the Capitol to Christ Award for commitment to the vision of TSBC. He developed the “New Members RoadMap to Discipleship Brochure” that gives the vision and mission of the TSBC to new members. Additionally, he developed a tract entitled. “God’s Simple Plan of Salvation” for the TSBC. His past service includes the following:
- Assistant Director and Director of the TSBC Baptist Training Union (BTU),
- Director of Leadership Training for the Mount Bethel Baptist Assoc. BTU Auxiliary,
- Deacon and Chairman of Deacons 2002-2005,
- Co-Director of the Children Ministry at TSBC,
- Currently the Director of TSBC Discipleship Training Ministry,
- TUG Ministry Director, and
- Currently serves as the Director of Christian Education Ministry at TSBC.
Mr. Caine has studied at the University of the District of Columbia, Prince Georges Community College, and is an NBC Congress of Christian Education USA, Inc. certified instructor (ID# 18332T). He is certified to teach the following NBC, USA Inc. course number’s, 2007, Christian Stewardship; 6021, Spiritual Formation, course 5007, Leadership Education in the Local Church, course 5001, Introduction to Leadership, and course 5012, Becoming an Effective Deacon. Mr. Caine is currently developing course 9024, Computers in the Local Church, which teaches church leaders who have “a church budget” how to effectively use Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to track budget items in their ministry. Mr. Caine has also taught the following courses at TSBC:
- SEED Series 7, Discipleship and Personal Stewardship, SSPB, NBC USA, Inc,
- Adult and Children Discipleship Training Class Series,
- Adult and Children Evangelism Refresher Training,
- Introduction to the Internet,
- Foundations: Getting to Know Your Bible, and
- Becoming the Christian Leader God Wants You to Be!