Dear Christian Workers and Stewards of the Gospel,
The theme for the National Capital Baptist Congress of Christian Education 2022 is “Developing a Biblical Worldview Through Christian Education: Reclaiming Young People for Christ.”
The world pressures young adults to doubt their faith and walk away. The desired outcomes of the Congress are:
- To equip Christian workers with apologetic training to help young people to stand firm in their faith.
- To strategizes on ways to stop the exodus of young people from the church and Christianity.
- To assist church leaders and Christian workers with resources to help young people integrate the Bible into all areas of their hearts and minds.
The Great Commission compels us to spread the Gospel and make disciples. When Jesus told his disciples, you shall be my witnesses in “Jerusalem,” it essentially meant, at home, where we live, work, and reside. The Devil has declared war on our Jerusalem for the minds and hearts of our children. Several studies We are seeing teenagers drop out of the church as they make the transition out of high school and student ministry. When this transition takes place, it is often too late for churches to act. To reclaim our youth for Christ, it is imperative that the Christian Church function as a unified body. We need each other; we must work together as a solid armor of God to combat demonic forces to turn our young people from the church and Christ.
As Christian educators and workers, we cannot be satisfied that young people are more influenced by secular worldviews than a Christian worldview. Barna reports some disturbing trends,
- 10% of Boomers have a biblical worldview.
- 7% of Gen X have a biblical worldview.
- 6% of Millennials have a biblical worldview.
- 4% of Gen Z have a biblical worldview
Please Join us for our Pre-Congress Symposium on May 13, 2022 at 7pm-9pm, as we listen to speakers and engage in a robust dialogue on reclaiming our youth for Christ. At the Annual Congress sessions, May 16-21, 7pm –9pm, all the Schools of Congress will address the problem and offer solutions regarding reclaiming our young people for Christ.
Please review our website and register for the course of your choice each night.
May God bless and keep you.
Rev. Leroy Gilbert, Ph.D.